I had this very tiny memory of a game RPG/RTS/Dungeon management game named "Dungeon" something this morning. But naturally, i thought of "Dungeon Keeper". Which, of course.
Would be totally wrong, Sure, it´s a RPG/RTS game. But that´s not the one that i was thinking about. Then i started to realize that it was Realmforge Studios "Dungeons", that i´ve been thinking about all along.
Not the best of games perhaps (it has a 63% average score on Metacritic.com), but i really like the fact that Dungeons is the right opposite to Dungeon Keeper.
Because you take care of your heroes in Dungeons, not your monsters. Anyhow, just for the fun of it. I checked out the homepage for Dungeons. And guess what?
There´s a Dungeons 2 in the making. And it´s set for a release next year! The question remains however, have Realmforge Studios learned their lesson since they released the very first ame?
About Dungeons 2:
The Dungeon Lord is back – and this time he’s serious! In Dungeons 2, fulfil the Dungeon Lord’s insatiable quest for vengeance by recruiting fearsome new monsters from all corners of the underworld in order to undertake his evil bidding.
Taking over the underworld isn’t enough though – this time The Dungeon Lord will extend his dominion over the puny humans and attempt to conquer the overworld too! The Dungeon Lord is back – and this time he’s serious! In Dungeons 2, fulfil the Dungeon Lord’s insatiable quest for vengeance by recruiting fearsome new monsters from all corners of the underworld in order to undertake his evil bidding.
Taking over the underworld isn’t enough though – this time The Dungeon Lord will extend his dominion over the puny humans and attempt to conquer the overworld too!
Take control of the mighty Dungeon Lord and craft a network of unique and terrifying dungeons, recruit an army of fearsome creatures and command two new factions. Prepare to defend your Kingdom against those pesky heroes, go above ground to wage war on their human cities and use the ‘Hand of Terror’ to take direct control over your minions, issue commands, and even dish out a swift slap to keep them in line.
The extensive campaign story mode is packed with even more of the dark humour which made the original Dungeons a hit and is peppered with numerous references to various fantasy books, movies and TV shows. Additionally, you can test your strength in four different game modes in multiplayer for up to four players with other Dungeon Lords over LAN or online.
Features of Dungeons 2:
- Featuring a thrilling single player campaign with 2 playable factions, 26 unique creatures, multiple types of heroes and game modes, Dungeons 2 is the Dungeon Manager simulation game, you've been waiting for
- Dungeons 2 offers unique gameplay: In the underworld, Dungeon manager simulation, and in the overworld, tactical real-time strategy
- Thanks to the ‘Hand of Terror’ you can always keep control of your subordinates and give targeted commands
- Leave the darkness of the underworld, and venture to the overworld and leave the beautiful cities of the humans in ruins
- Four competitive multiplayer modes for up to four players via LAN and Internet
The Gaming Ground