Yep, Highlands is inspired by Hayao Miyazaki's "Castle in the Sky".
Burrito studio´s are very, very close to reach their Kickstarter goal of 20,000 CAD now. Because their turn-based strategy/RPG (think Risk meets Hayao Miyazaki's "Castle in the Sky") "Highlands" just needs another 3,000 CAD to happen for real.
But time is running short as we speak. To be exact, there´s just 4 days left on the Kickstarter campaign for Highlands. So i would strongly recommend that you guys show the game some love asap (if you want the game to happen).
And if you´re looking for some convincing gameplay videos. Then just watch the "Let´s play alpha build" video of Highlands.
The stunning strategy game *Highlands* has entered its final week on Kickstarter -- with $14,877 toward a $20,000 goal! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/439704341/highlands
Highlands is a turn-based strategy game that mixes “Risk-like” gameplay mechanics with resource management and RPG elements in a world made of thousands of small floating islands. Instead of controlling anonymous armies, players recruit characters with actual personalities and backstories who can *also* level up
Inspired by Hayao Miyazaki's *Castle in the Sky,* Highlands features beautiful hand-drawn graphics with battles taking place over 4 unique areas (countryside, city and docks, industrial district, and citadel interior), crafting, sector-by-sector fighting -- and special Strategic Actions including Support Strike, Skirmish, and Bombardment. The goal is to secure and hold strategic positions at all costs.
Highlands combines a strong narrative with many scripted and random events to create an unforgettable experience (or as one of the backers puts it, “simple mechanics, complex execution on multiple fronts”).
In Highlands, you play the heirs of a royal family overthrown by a mysterious army of bots and mercenaries. To regain control of your land, you must gather what's left of the population and resources, improve the stats of your characters, and build up the resistance. Every character on your side is essential to achieving victory.
* Breathtaking setting composed of picturesque floating islands
* Turn-based strategy game with advanced battle mechanics and resource management
* Units are individual heroes with special traits and abilities
* Beautiful hand-drawn graphics with sectors instead of hex tiles
* Character classes:
- Combatants: protect and attack sectors
- Mechanics: fortify (defend) sectors and craft items
- Leaders: inspire the population, gather resources and recruit new heroes.
- Academics: heal troops & performs research
* Items crafting system
* Story-driven – where player choices have real consequences
* Steam Greenlight URL: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=315532416
* Platforms: PC, Mac, Linux
* Beta demo available in December for backers
* Release date: Early 2015
* Cat contest! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/439704341/highlands/posts/1005733
The Gaming Ground